Local Sporting Activities
- Cycling / BMX forest tracks
- Walking / Hiking / Running
- Equestrian Centre
- Canoeing / Kayaking / Sailing
- Swimming – indoor and outside
- An abundance of forests, parks & countryside.
- Aquarev – walking, running, exercise circuits, tennis, basketball, fishing and coffee shop.
- Les Aquatides, swimming complex with fun slides, sauna & hammam.
- Cinema – French & English shown regularly.
- Horse Racing Hippodrome.
- Bird Spotting – Birds of prey & garden varieties.
- Site seeing – Lake (Lac) Gurledan, Historical & Medieval villages, rolling countryside, Churches, Chateaus and Gardens (Bon Repos).
- The Historical Linen Route – St Thelo, Le Quillio to Uzel Museum.
- Eating Out – Restaurants, Brasseries and Coffee Shops of an excellent standard and good value Plat de Jour.
Base Sports Nature / Sports Centres
We are centrally situated between 3 outdoor sports centres with a wide range of activities for adults and children at Plemet (Pont Querra), Plouguenast (Pontgamp) & Lac de Bosmeleac. Activities include: canoeing, kayaking, cycling/VTT, walking, archery, rock climbing, pedelo and stand up paddle to name a few.
VTT station Pays de Loudéac is more than 400 km of marked routes. The circuits are classified according to the length, height difference and technical difficulties. With every level of challenge locally: Green, Blue & Red & Black.
Circuits No. 10, 11, 12 Circuits through the Forest of Loudéac -11, 25, 32km respectively, all within 5 minutes from the house. Circuit 5, 28kms starts in the local village of La Motte.
Cycle Routes/Veloroutes – (longer distance)
The Green Way/Les Voies Vertes V6 & V8. An old railway track, now a cycle path, takes you from Carhaix and St Meen-le-Grand via Loudeac and Merdrignac. Perfect for family bike rides along all or part of it 110kms. There are many routes criss crossing Brittany to enjoy at leisure.
Equestrian Centre / Equestre, St Guillaume
A short ride from the house is the long established Loudeac Equestrian Centre for horse and pony rides, lessons or treks throughout the Forest and surrounding area. Novices to advanced riders welcomed.
Only a stones’ throw away the 2,500 hectares makes it the largest forest in Brittany. Once it formed a group with the Forest of Broceliande, that of Merlin the Enchanter and King Arthur. Today it is a haven for deer and wildlife. In the summer accompanied walks are organised to see the wide range flora and forna on offer. You are able to roam freely throughout the forest.